The Lumen 200 Fluorescence Illumination System is a powerful, cost effective alternative to standard 100 Watt mercury and halogen lamp houses. The combination of Prior’s proprietary 2,000 hour life, 200 watt metal arc lamp and two or three meter liquid light guide provide unrivalled versatility and illumination power. The Lumen 200 utilizes a metal halide lamp rather than the more traditional high pressure mercury or xenon burners. This means 2000 hours of stable output compared to a maximum of 300 hours for a mercury lamp. Coupled to the microscope using a liquid light guide there is very little heat transfer helping to eliminate thermal drift during time lapse experiments. The Lumen 200 also incorporates a variable light attenuation control to reduce the potential of bleaching and phototoxicity.
Prior also offers the Lumen 220 model which offers extended transmission in UV and IR compared to the standard Lumen 200 model. Prior Scientific also offers the Lumen 220 Fluorescence Illumination System with extended wavelength in UV and IR. Fluorophores requiring light in the 360nm and below range will see significant increases in signal strength from the Lumen 220 as compared to the Lumen 200 models.
- 2,000 hour life, 200 Watt metal arc lamp
- Remote mounting with two or three meter light guide
- Stabilized DC power supply for consistent illumination
- Quiet operation suitable for laboratory use
- Easy to view display screen for bulb life indication and alarm description
- Knurled light guide clamping knob for secure light guide installation
- Adapters available for all modern research microscopes
- Six position adjustable aperture/intensity knob to protect samples from photobleaching
- Easy bulb replacement